Sunday, November 18, 2012

Venison Sausage Chili on Garlic Toast

I recently came home from spending a week visiting and hunting in Haida Gwaii, I had a great time, and was able to bring home some meat as well! I was given a few packs of sausage, which led me to chili!

For this chili, I started with cooking chopped onions and garlic in some canola oil on med heat. I then added chopped carrots and continued to cook for 5 mins. I then added the venison. I cut the sausage up in bite sized pieces, cook until mostly done.

I then added some tomato sauce, heinz ketchup, salt and pepper, frozen local corn, 1 double can of brown beans and a tbsp of maple syrup. I like a sweet chili, and the syrup adds just that!

The nice thing about chili is that it doesn't take a long time, I simmered it for 30 mins and served on a toasted french bread with home made garlic butter.

Very tasty, very hearty, the venison has a wonderful taste, no smell when cooking, and was incredibly lean!

Enjoy

Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment