Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Log

Who doesn't like pizza? I mean, there is no limit or end of possibilities when it comes to pizza toppings. Simple or Complex, tons of flavors or one or 2. Pizza is one of those meals that is good anytime of the day! In my house, there is no fighting the kids to eat pizza, its like breathing!

My inspiration for this meal came from click here . I didn't use her idea of bread dough, instead I found a quick pizza dough recipe. Find your own pizza dough, or use this quick recipe for a good tasting, fast dough.

Pizza dough:

2 tbsp active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
2 tsp sugar
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
5 cups flour

Add the yeast and sugar to the warm water in a large mixing bowl. Once yeast starts to bubble, add remaining ingredients. Mix until combined, dump onto a floured surface, kneed until soft and not to sticky. Took me about 4 mins. Put back in bowl, cover and let rise till double in size, approx 30 mins. Then you can divide the dough into 2, using a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan, push dough out into a rectangle shape.
 Add the toppings that you desire, marinara? olive oil? Italian dressing? I used marinara, pepperoni and mozzarella. Layer out, and then roll from one end into a log, seam side should be placed down, I picked up the log and then rolled in corn meal, then put back on the pan. Bake at 400 for 30 mins. Remove, slice and serve. The dough was excellent, and it was a neat way to eat it!

Enjoy!!!

Cory

1 comment: