Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Honey Garlic Meatballs w/ Bacon Ricotta Topped Spuds!

I love meatballs! It is definite comfort food! And they are so easy to do!! These meatballs took basic ingredients that we all have in our kitchen. And really, any meat will do!! A good meat ball has ground pork and beef, but these were just lean ground beef!

The flavor was amazing though, they melted in your mouth!

I started with 2 lbs of lean ground beef, made my own bread crumbs just using 2 slices of bread toasted, and then food processed to crumbs. Added in Salt and pepper, 1 large egg, 1 onion finely chopped, 1 bunch of spinach finely chopped, 1 dash of Soya Sauce, 2 tbsp of whole grain Dijon mustard, then combined!.

I made giant man size meatballs. That pan is fairly large and they barely fit in. I think I had 3 or 4 more that I squeezed in after the picture.

But dont be affraid to get your hands in there, make any size meatball you would like!


I just cooked these over medium heat with a lid turning once. Even with lean I had to drain out the liquid once, just so they would continue to get a nice crisp outside on them!

At this time, I combined 4 tbsp of creamed honey with some roasted whole garlic that I had stuck in the oven earlier, in a pot on low heat. (Roasted garlic is amazing...cut top off, leave whole bulb and drizzle with olive oil, bake in tinfoil for 20 mins at 350, once cool to handle, squeeze out garlic flesh, so good)

Once the honey was melted and boiling I added some flour that was mixed in with soya sauce and returned to a gentle boil. Once sauce was thick, I spread over the meatballs and left on low heat.


For the spuds, I washed and baked some potatoes in foil from our local vegetable box  at 350 for about 45 mins. Once done I cut in half and also cut a sliver off the bottoms so the potato would lie flat on a surface. I then scooped on a ricotta bacon mixture I had made earlier. (I took some bacon, diced it and fried it, then added to smooth ricotta). After spooning the mixture on, I threw them back in the oven on a cookie sheet, and baked for 15 mins more. Served with some Corn from the Hansons, this meal was delicious, We enjoyed  a nice meal with Marissa and her kids!!



Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't get why we're never invited over for dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. u got picky kids....ha jk. one day....

    ReplyDelete