Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pulled Pork Buns with Au Jus!

I love, love, love pulled pork. It is dead simple to do, cheap and really tasty. I bought a pork butt roast for .97c a lb. 9 bucks total. Rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic and sage. Slow cooked on low for 7 hrs. Once done, I removed and started pulling at the roast with my fork, shredding the tender meat off the bone. Separating fat and gristle. Your result is tender chunks of pork. I placed all the meat back in the cooker, added a bottle of bbq sauce and cooked on high for 1 more hour. We made it with rice and salad the first night, leftover buns yesterday and today....toasted pulled pork buns with mozzarella and Au jus! 

I bought some day old buns from the bakery, split and toasted lightly. Add heated up pork, lightly mayo one side, add slices of mozzarella and place under broiler until golden brown. Serve with warm Au jus and enjoy!!

Cory 

1 comment: