Thursday, November 1, 2012

Meatball Sliders w/ Butternut Squash Fries


Today I just could not decide what I wanted to make for supper, sometimes you just get tired of doing your same hand full of ground beef recipes. I took a look in the freezer, and stumbled across some home made buns that Shelby and my Mother in Law whipped up a bit ago. Solved. Meatballs....Yum.....Buns....Yum....Together.....Delicious!

We have attempted squash fries a few times before...the new trick I found out is to bake them on wire racks on a cookie sheet, rather then just on a cookie sheet. You get an even crisp and then a soft squash fry in the middle. Dead simple to do.
I peeled and sliced the butternut squash into "fry" shapes. Toss with some canola oil and a good season with Sea Salt. Lay on wire rack and bake for 40 mins @ 350 F. I failed to turn them once, and I don't think it would have made a difference. They were evenly crisp on all sides. Re season with Salt and serve!

For the sliders, I mixed lean ground beef with Salt and pepper, a bit of garlic powder, dash of soya sauce, and 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs. Mix and form into whatever sauce Meatball you want. I cooked on med high heat turning 3 or 4 times for 15 mins. You can add whatever you want for sauce, I used sweet basil marinara, and fixed my bun in jalapeno ranch dressing. Before I added the meatball to the bun, I dug out the bottom a bit so the Meat would sit in nice. Baked off until buns were brown,

Enjoy

Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment