Tuesday, June 26, 2012

BBQ Fish Medley w/ Roasted New Potatoes

I Will mention again, I am so fortunate to have a father who lives in Haida Gwaii and is able to send us down fish....We enjoyed Snapper, Smoked Salmon and Smoked Black Cod.

I also purchased my Fathers day gift to myself.....A Charcoal bbq. It is unreal! The flavor you get from a Charcoal bbq is second to none!
Snapper in the back left, salmon on the right, black cod bottom left. My mouth is watering typing this, and I already enjoyed this meal!!!
The Potatoes were almost my favorite part of this dish. We get our weekly produce box from Pilgrims Produce The stuff we get is wonderful. One of the things we got in this last weeks box were new potatoes. I boiled these spuds first until almost done, drained and tossed into a mixture of chopped fresh thyme, marjoram, sage, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper. I threw in some extra whole stalks of the thyme and whole garlic. Roasted at 400f for 30 mins, turning once. The flavor you get is amazing. The herbs and roasted garlic, along with the crispy outside of the spud, you then bite into the soft texture of a new potato. Wonderful!
The asparagus I cooked in a basket over the briquette bbq, I tossed them in Olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper, threw them in the basket, cooked for 15 mins. 

Whatever your meal may be, go out and support your local farms, buy some new potatoes and carrots, enjoy what we have local. It is amazing what standards we get used to with non fresh or local produce in the store. A beet fresh from the farm will blow your mind compared to one from the store. 

Enjoy

Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment